SERVICES MADE POSSIBLE BY THESE PARTNERS:
SMART Transit Resumes Fixed-Route Operations
May 29, 2020 (Moscow, Idaho)
SMART Transit announces fixed-route operations to the Moscow community will resume on Monday, June 1, 2020.
In order to help limit the spread of infectious disease, all passengers are requested to respect fellow passengers by following CDC recommendations. This includes wearing a face covering and to maintain physical distancing. To allow for appropriate physical distancing, occupancy on the buses will be limited which may increase wait times to board the bus. Individuals feeling ill are asked not to use public transportation at this time.
“While SMART is excited to resume providing public transportation to the community, riders are encouraged to explore all forms of alternative transportation. If you are able to walk, or ride a bicycle, we encourage you to do so as we work together to limit the spread of infectious diseases. In doing so, the limited space on public transit remains available for those that have no such alternatives,” said Ben Aiman, SMART Transit Executive Director.
For more information, visit our website at www.smarttransit.org, follow @MoveSmartMoscow on Twitter, or follow SMART Transit on Facebook.
Media Contact: Ben Aiman
RIDER INFORMATION: Riding the Bus During the Public Health Threat
Effective June 1, 2020
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, passengers are to observe the following:
- Limited Occupancy: Each vehicle will have a limited number of passengers allowed on board at a time. Be prepared to wait for the next bus if it is full.
- Minimize Usage: Use other transportation options, if available, so that available space may be used by others without alternative options.
- No loitering: Passengers will be required to exit the bus by the end of a single loop and must wait 30 minutes to board the same route again
- Observe Physical Distancing: Do not linger near the driver area when boarding or exiting the vehicle, unless you require assistance. Riders may not occupy “closed” seating, or an empty seat directly next to another passenger unless parties are travelling together.
- Face covering: Passengers are requested to wear a face covering per CDC recommendations
- Safer at Home: Avoid riding the bus if feeling ill
- Practice Safe Hygiene: Wash hands frequently and cover your coughs and sneezes
Call 208-883-7747 with questions.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit www.smarttransit.org, follow @MoveSmartMoscow on Twitter, or follow SMART Transit on Facebook.